New England Rocks! And to increase resilience in this historic region, a group of resilience-building rockstars have come together to form a “Regional Organizing Committee” (aka the ROCkers) to support the New England Resilience & Transition (NERT) Network.
The ROCkers is an open, flexible, and transparent group. Its purpose is to enhance local resilience in the New England region. We do that by:
1. facilitating horizontal communication among initiatives, both in-person and online, and
2. collaborating on local and regional strategies and actions.
1. Are each active in a local resilience, permaculture, green, energy, food, sustainability, environmental justice, new economy, time banking, Transition, or other group.
2. Support the purpose of the ROCkers (above).
3. Commit to supporting and attending one in-person gathering per year, which will vary in location from year to year per the group’s decision. They also commit to attending three remote meetings per year, via conference call or online platform.
The New England New Economy Transition program is providing support for the ROCkers. For more info, contact Sarah Byrnes at email@example.com. Read more at the NERT Network site: https://nertnetwork.wordpress.com/the-rockers.